We are using cookies to implement functions like login, shopping cart or language selection for this website. Furthermore we use Google Analytics to create anonymized statistical reports of the usage which creates Cookies too. You will find more information in our privacy policy.
OK, I agree I do not want Google Analytics-Cookies
Chinese Journal of Dental Research
Chin J Dent Res 18 (2015), No. 2     2. July 2015
Chin J Dent Res 18 (2015), No. 2  (02.07.2015)

Page 111-115, doi:10.3290/j.cjdr.a34435, PubMed:26167549

Evaluation of the Effect of the Closed-eruption Technique on Impacted Immature Maxillary Incisors
Shi, Xiang Ru / Hu, Zhe / Wang, Xiao Zhe / Sun, Xiang Yu / Zhang, Chen Ying / Si, Yan / Zheng, Shu Guo
Objective: To investigate the effects of the closed-eruption technique on impacted immature maxillary incisors.
Methods: The contour and position of the gingival margin, root development, and pulp status were evaluated in 50 impacted immature maxillary incisors immediately after treatment and 2 years later.
Results: Chronic periapical periodontitis and trauma of the primary teeth were the main causes of impacted immature maxillary incisors. The average treatment time was 11 months. After treatment, the contour of the impacted incisor gingival margin, which had already erupted, conformed with the contralateral incisors; the gingival margin positions of 34 (68%) impacted incisors were the same as those of the contralateral incisors but the other 16 (32%) were more apical. All roots developed normally; pulp vitality was normal and conformed with the contralateral incisor change into a period. Three (6%) impacted incisors were slightly labially inclined because the dilacerated part of their roots was too long.
Conclusion: The closed-eruption technique is an effective method of treating impacted immature maxillary incisors.

Keywords: closed-eruption technique, immature incisor, impacted maxillary incisor